Kidero, Shebesh deny claims of seeking deal to end matter
The tussle between Governor Evans Kidero and Nairobi Women Representative Rachel Shebesh has taken a new twist with assertions from both sides that they were not working on a deal.
Mr Cecil Miller, the lawyer representing Ms Shebesh in the matter denied media reports that his client had placed a compensation demand on Dr Kidero’s table for consideration.
“No meeting has been held between the two,” said Mr Miller.
Instead, the lawyer said his client was waiting for police to charge the governor after the MP reported the assault case.
“I spoke to her this morning and the position remains the same. There are no negotiations and she is also not ready to negotiate,” said Miller.
He said his client had secured a P3 form and a file opened on the matter, adding that he expects police to charge the governor.
Miller denied that any emissaries had been sent to meet Ms Shebesh with a view of reaching any settlement.
And Kidero’s team also called from City Hall to distance the governor from the alleged reports of negotiations to end the matter.
A Mr Okello and Chief of Staff George Wainaina claimed that their side of the story had not been sought.
“The Governor is quite upset that he could be quoted as having initiated the talks yet he has neither sent anyone to any meeting nor received any offers for talks from such persons,” said the governor’s spokesman.
This article was published by the STANDARD ON SUNDAY on September 15.